- Duct Cleaning
- Nexia Home Intelligence System Installation
- Evaporator Coils
If you notice higher utility bills and aren’t sure why, it may be because your air handler needs repair or replacing. An important part of your HVAC system, an air handler contains the blower mechanism, dampers, filter racks, and the heating and cooling elements.
When you install a new air handler, you benefit from:
- Advanced air filtration
- Quiet operation
- Increased reliability
- Decreased air leakage
- And more!
Get rid of dry air throughout your home with a humidifier from American Mechanical, Inc. Our humidifiers add moisture into dry rooms or areas and improve the overall air quality—not to mention are highly beneficial to those who are ill or have chronic respiratory conditions, such as:
- Colds — don’t let a cold linger, use a humidifier to lessen the amount of time it takes to get over a cold
- Asthma — adults and children with asthma will feel more relieved, as humidifiers clean the surrounding air and reduce asthmatic triggers that set off symptoms
- Nose bleeds — most often attributed to warm, dry air, reduce your number of nosebleeds by adding a humidifier to any room
Other benefits include:
- Reduced static electricity in the air
- Prevents cracking, peeling, splitting, and/or drying out in hardwood floors
- Create better atmosphere for indoor gardens and plants
- And more!
Contact us today to install a humidifier in Virginia Beach and its surrounding areas.
A dehumidifier works in the opposite way of a humidifier—meaning it removes additional moisture from any room it is placed in. Like a humidifier, installing a dehumidifier in any room provides healthy benefits.
You may want to consider installing a dehumidifier if you; wish to remove indoor allergens, prevent the growth of mold around your house, reduce allergy symptoms, breathe cleaner air, and stay cooler and fresher throughout your home.
If your air filter is clogged, chances are you are wasting energy and will see an increase in the cost of your utility bill. Air conditioning filters collect dust, pollen, and other indoor air debris. A filter is used to collect these particles on its surface, trapping and preventing them from circulating throughout your home and clogging your ductwork.
Your filters should be replaced every 30 to 60 days, according to most manufacturers. Waiting to replace your filters means air is not properly flowing through your HVAC system—decreasing efficiency and increasing your energy costs. The lifespan of your air filters depend on a few different factors:
- Where you live — people who live in more polluted areas should change their air filters more frequently
- Type of residence — vacation homes tend to be less occupied than other homes or office buildings. If you own a vacation home in the Virginia Beach area, your air filters may only need changing every six to twelve months
- Pets — families with cats, dogs, and furry friends may need to replace your air filters once per month
Stop wasting energy and start breathing healthy—call American Mechanical at (757) 644-3685(757) 644-3685 for your filter replacement.
Evaporator coils are essential to your heating and cooling system in your home. Without it, your HVAC equipment would not work! Evaporator coils allow the transfer of heat possible throughout your HVAC system and keep your home warm in the winter and cool during the summer.