American Mechanical HVAC Open Positions
HVAC Lead Installer
You’re the best and you want to join a team that appreciates you, where you can create your own opportunities.
Who We Are
We keep on growing because we only hire the best, and our customers love us for it. We’ve been at this a long time here in Hampton Roads. You’ve probably seen our trucks and our ads. What you don’t know is what it’s like to be a part of a team like this.
Because we offer top of the line products and services, we need top of the line HVAC Installers who genuinely care about the customer and look at this opportunity as not just a job but a career.
The Big Task
You will accurately and efficiently install top of the line heating and air equipment in our customers homes, leading a team of install helpers while providing Five Star Customer Service to our clients.
Key Sub Tasks
- Maintain communication with dispatch, your manager, parts and installation teams.
- Keep your company truck clean, inside and out.
- Keep your truck inventory up to date.
- Properly complete paperwork.
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance.
- Have and maintain a clean driving record.
- Participate in training allowing you to grow and develop as a professional.
- Have or be willing to get the proper certifications. We can help you with this.
Desired Skills and Experience
If you can achieve the above and you find it fun and challenging - you have just the right amount.
- FREE Vision and Dental Insurance
- Immediate PTO when you start
- 401K with company match
- Paid Holidays, Paid Vacations that increase with tenure.
- Fully stocked Company Vehicle
- Tool allowances and much more!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.00 - $27.00 per hour
HVAC Service Technician
We Want You!
Our business hours are Monday through Friday, 8am to 8pm and Saturday on call till 8pm ONLY (rotating with your team)! No late nights, Sundays off, and get the deserved rest you need for a job well done.
Candidate Must Possess:
Pride in a job well done, excellent customer service skills, outstanding time management, and perform accurate, quality repairs and diagnostics for our large existing customer base. Our ideal candidate will be able to communicate with customers regarding needed services in their homes, setting the precedence to expect Five Star Service, and delivering on that promise. Our customers LOVE our technicians who educate them on how to run their HVAC more systems efficiently, and keep coming back for more. If you have a desire to grow, American Mechanical has a desire to teach the right candidate the tools that will keep them employed for a lifetime.
You will guide and advise our HVAC customers by providing full diagnostics of their HVAC systems, give recommendations based on your expertise, and no- nonsense solutions tailored to our customers needs. You will be responsible for air quality systems from diagnosing new installations to end-of-life units by performing maintenance, warranty and emergency repairs.
To be successful in this role, customer satisfaction, safety and comfort should be your top priority. Ideal candidates will be patient, and have excellent organizational and troubleshooting skills.
Why Should you Work for American Mechanical?
Reap the Benefits: American Mechanical, Inc. understands our employees are what makes our company so amazing! All employees at American Mechanical are well compensated, with our top performing HVAC Technicians being the most highly compensated in the area. Of course, we offer more than that:
- Immediate PTO after 90 days
- Paid vacation, increases incrementally with tenure
- Paid Holidays
- No late night on calls or late weekends!
- Employee discounts
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Free Dental and Vision
- Insurance Medical Benefits
- Stocked Company Van
- Tool allowances
- On the job training, and out of state training!
- Retirement plan with company match
- Uniform services
HVAC Technician Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED or suitable equivalent.
- 2+ year experience as an HVAC technician, and willingness to continue education in HVAC field.
- Good driving record, may be asked to provide MVR upon request.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Understanding of advanced principles of air conditioning, refrigeration and heating.
- Working knowledge of boiler systems is a plus.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $25.00 per hour
HVAC Maintenance Technician
We’re looking for exceptional maintenance technicians to deliver the most efficient, highest quality customer experiences in residential HVAC maintenance services.
As an HVAC maintenance technician, you will work as part of a dynamic and passionate team to demonstrate technical competency and ensure desired sales metrics. You will perform maintenance and diagnose heating and cooling systems and lead customers to informed and confident buying decisions.
- Complete HVAC in-home, service calls on equipment less than 10 years old.
- Know how to establish customer rapport to sell the right products and services.
- Ask the right lifestyle questions to troubleshoot heating and cooling system malfunctions.
- Educate and assist customers in choosing the best options and maintenance plans.
- Show yourself as professional and knowledgeable to win new referrals and repeat business.
- Work along side customer service and dispatch to ensure overall success of the business.
- Maintain a clean, organized job site and well inventoried truck.
- Participate actively in all training exercises, morning meetings, trade shows and retreats.
- Train and mentor apprentices to ensure quick, accurate repairs and installations.
- Be accurate and timely with invoices, time cards, curbside feedback and option sheets.
- Knowledge of local HVAC codes and ability to make on-the-job applications.
- Proven track record in heating and cooling systems.
- Continued education and training to obtain NATE certification.
- Clean, safe driving record.
- Highly organized with exceptional follow-through abilities.
- Strong verbal and written communications.
- Passionate about American Mechanical Inc and loves the brand.
- High integrity with advanced social skills and ability to make solid connections.
- Strong desires to be a better technician tomorrow than you are today.
- Outgoing personality that blends well with a fast-paced, goal-driven environment.
- Competitive individual contributor who also loves to win as a team.
- Highly motivated, self-starter who’s flexible and has a great attitude on life.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $25.00 per hour
American Mechanical provides masks, gloves, foot protectors, crawl space suits, hand sanitizer, alcohol wipes to provide a safe and clean environment for employees and customers. Technology allows for minimal contact during service calls.
HVAC Duct Installer
American Mechanical is seeking experienced and detail-oriented Duct Installers to perform five star installations for our busy HVAC Installation department. As part of our industry leading HVAC Department, you'll use your extensive knowledge of installing and fabricating duct work to:
- Have a comprehensive understanding of layout, design, fabrication and installation of duct systems.
- Be able to read diagrams or blueprints to meet sold product specifications.
- Install ductwork to specifications, maintaining quality and high level of service.
- Document services provided, explaining guarantees/ warranties, collecting payment, and delivering payment to the office.
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- We provide PPE such as gloves, masks, disinfectant, wipes etc. as well as safety training.
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid Vacation Time
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- No late night on call or weekends!
- Your own personal work truck, fully stocked with paid automotive insurance, vehicle maintenance and company gas card.
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.00 - $27.00 per hour