If you are considering replacing your current window unit, having a new unit installed, or you are considering replacing your system with a central air conditioning system, you may be confused as to what is the best option.
Central air conditioners have many advantages over window units. Here are some reasons you may want to consider replacing window units with a central air system:
- One of the biggest advantages is energy efficiency. Central air units are built to provide high levels of efficiency when it comes to cooling your whole home.
- A central air systems main unit is located outside your home, reducing the noise you hear inside your home.
- When you install a central air unit you can also install a programmable thermostat. These programmable thermostats help your central air to cycle on and off automatically. You can set the temperature you want your house to be at certain times of the day and let the thermostat do the rest.
- If you have allergy sufferers in your home, a central air system can help filter the allergens out before they enter your home.
- If your home is damp, you can install a central air system that also helps control humidity levels, inside your home.
- When you have a unit placed in a window in your home, security can be an issue. Central air works through ducts in your roof and keeps your home more secure than a window unit.
Want to Install Central Air Conditioning in Virginia Beach?
These are just a few of the reasons why central air units may work out better for your home than a standard window unit. If you would like more information on central air units, contact us today at American Mechanical Inc. Whether you need commercial or residential air conditioning installation in the Virginia Beach area, the professionals at American Mechanical are ready to help. At American Mechanical, we’re Trane Comfort Specialists and install a variety of energy efficient Trane air conditioners. If you’re looking to save money on your company’s heating and cooling bills in the Virginia Beach area, a new, energy efficient air conditioner by Trane with professional installation by American Mechanical is what you need. Our HVAC technicians will help you determine the right unit, size, and placement for your home or business.