Hampton Roads is heating up!
Your best friend and favorite companion for the next three months is bound to be your HVAC system. Just as with any relationship, you must give to get. Think about your HVAC system and the last time it got some love.
There are a number of small things you can do for your HVAC unit that will inspire it to new heights of air conditioning you never dreamed possible. Take some time this month to show your HVAC unit you care. You might be surprised at how much it’s been neglected!
Bonus: You’ll save some money while you’re at it.
Common HVAC Complaints:
1. I need some space. Are there bushes encroaching upon your HVAC’s space? Are leaves and debris building up on top? Clear it all away – HVACs need room to breathe. Keeping it shaded from the harsh summer sunlight can also work wonders for your system’s efficiency.
2. I’m congested. Take a look at your vents. Are they open or closed? Is dust gathering on the slats? Show your HVAC you care by clearing out the dust bunnies and ensuring the vents are all the way open to allow free air flow.
3. I need some things. Just as you need a haircut, or a new pair of shoes when yours wear thin, your HVAC needs upgrades, too. When was the last time you replaced the air filter? If it’s been more than a month, then it’s past due! An old filter can clog, disrupt air flow and even lead to health problems.
4. I need back up! Supplement your HVAC’s hard work with the use of ceiling fans. It will appreciate the reprieve.
5. We need to talk. If your HVAC system is over ten years old, it might be time to call it quits. You’ve had a good run, many happy years together, but when your HVAC is no longer giving you goosebumps, it’s probably time to break up, for both of your sakes.
Contact us with any questions or concerns you may have about installing a new HVAC system. We understand change is difficult, but we promise that you’ll be happier in the long run.
6. MAINTAIN! If you haven’t signed up for American Mechanical’s new Home Care Agreement, now is the time. Particularly if you upgrade your system! Keep it clean, keep it running smoothly, and save money. That’s the American Difference.
Contact us today to schedule a maintenance check up for your HVAC system, a consultation if you’re considering upgrading, or an installation if you’re already sure.
We’re happy to help and we get big jobs done right. Give us a call today.