Chesapeake Heating Repair & Installation
Call American Mechanical, Inc. to Schedule Yours Today!
There’s nothing fun about your heater giving out and leaving you shivering in the middle of winter. Even minor issues can leave your home without much-needed heat, and with freezing temperatures being fairly common in Virginia, being without heat is pretty much the last thing you want to have happen. At American Mechanical, Inc., we want to take the stress out of finding the heating repair and installation services you need. Our Chesapeake heating repair and installation experts understand the urgency of your situation, and we make it a point to deliver timely, reliable, and effective services that get your home back to working like normal again.
American Mechanical was founded upon the idea that a home services company should do right by their customers, and that their homes and needs should be the number-one priority in every service we offer. When we were founded back in 1994, owner John Cornett sought to build a company on fairness, quality, and honesty, and these same principles guide us even today. When you’ve got a heating problem, we’ll give you an honest and transparent assessment of your situation, our best recommendations based on what we find, and a reasonable price for getting it resolved. Our estimates are transparent without hidden fees so you can know exactly what you’ll pay before we begin. And we believe that the job isn’t done right until you’re happy with the outcome.
Do you need a new heating solution installed? What about your old heating equipment replaced? American Mechanical can handle both. Our heating installation services are thorough, effective, and backed up by years of experience and hours of training in order to ensure results that adhere to or stringent standards of quality. We carefully consider what heating equipment options are best for your home before making recommendations so you’ll be happy with the outcome.
We proudly service the following heating equipment:
- Natural gas furnaces
- Oil burning furnaces
- Hydronic heating systems
- Heat pumps
Gas Furnace Vs. Oil Furnace
Whether you’re building a new home and need a new furnace installed or your old furnace needs replacing, the search for a new furnace can be a confusing process. Without proper research choosing between a gas furnace and an oil furnace may not seem difficult, but we recommend customers to be as informed as possible when it comes to gas and oil furnaces. Gas furnaces and oil furnaces vary in efficiency and availability, so be sure you’re making the right decision when purchasing your new furnace.
Factors to Consider when Purchasing a Furnace:
- Reliability - Gas furnaces are connected to an underground natural gas pipeline so you don’t ever need to worry about running out of fuel. Heating oil for oil furnaces is stored in an on-site tank and requires routine delivery to ensure you don’t run out.
- Cost - Natural gas is produced domestically, making it a cheaper fuel source than imported oil. According to the EIA (Energy Information Administration), production of natural gas within the U.S. will increase 2.3 percent in 2015 compared to 2014, and expect this trend to continue.
- Environmental Impact - Natural gas is the cleanest burning nonrenewable energy source on the planet, emitting less carbon dioxide and nitrogen oxides than heating oil.
- Energy Efficiency - Gas furnaces are more energy efficient than oil furnaces and may result in a 10 to 25 percent initial cost increase from an oil furnace. Be sure to compare AFUE (Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency) ratings between oil and gas furnaces when purchasing a new furnace for your home.
- Maintenance - Gas furnaces burn clean and do not require any sort of maintenance contract or service agreement between you and your local HVAC contractor. However, oil furnaces typically require a maintenance contract in order to ensure your oil furnace is properly working at all times. Be sure to ask your HVAC technician if a maintenance contract or service agreement is required when installing a new oil furnace.
When you experience a breakdown, a simple repair will often get you up and running again. Our team takes the time to thoroughly inspect your system and discover the root of your problem so we can recommend the ideal fix. We strive to solve problems at their source, not just treat the symptoms. We offer our services for all different makes and models of heating equipment, so you don’t have to worry about whether or not we can handle the problem.
Get your heater working again as soon as possible; contact American Mechanical today.