Virginia Beach Heating Installation & repair
HVAC Experts Committed to Restoring Your Comfort
At American Mechanical, we know the importance of doing a great job installing or to repair your central heating system right the first time. Our family of dedicated heating service and repair technicians is available 24/7 and treats every customer without heat as an emergency heating repair.
Heating Brands We Work With
We have over 19 years of experience fixing, installing, and servicing all types of heating systems, including large HVAC and heating equipment manufacturer brands such as Trane, Lennox, Bryant, Carrier, and Rheem.
Heater Install & Replacements
Making a decision regarding whether or not to replace your heating system or just try and have it repaired can be a difficult decision to make. What it will come down to, though, is the most ideal compromise between cost and comfort level received. We’re happy to help in this process.
Here are some things to consider when deciding whether to repair or replace your heating equipment:
- How old is your heater, furnace, or boiler?
- Does your current heating system need frequent repairs?
- Are your energy bills going up?
- Do your rooms feel too hot or not warm enough?
We Can Help You Find the Right Heating Option
In today’s market, there are various heating service options: solar heating, electric heating, furnaces, geothermal heating, boilers, steam, and water radiators. While we encourage you to research replacement systems before it becomes an emergency, you can also consult with our technicians. We can evaluate your current heating system, and recommend a solution that meets your individual needs.
Together, you and our heating service specialists can consider all fuel and heating system types to determine which makes the most sense. Discussing energy saving and efficiency levels, operational and maintenance costs in the beginning will ensure your long-term investment is the right one for you.
Common Furnace and Heater Repair Problems
Sometimes, we expect our heating systems just to run smoothly for as long as we need them to, but then suddenly the furnace starts making noises. Unfortunately, just like any other machine, they have flaws and are prone to malfunction if the proper maintenance or attention isn’t given to them periodically.
Here are some of the most common reasons your furnace or heater may break down:
- Clogged or dirty filters resulting in air flow and comfort problems
- Airflow problems from fan motors that cause poor heating control or overheating
- Thermostat or heat pump malfunctions causing no heat and fan issues
- Problems with furnace or heating system ignition control or pilot light
- Lack of routine maintenance leading to unexpected breakdowns and increased energy costs
A certified Virginia Beach HVAC technician can quickly diagnose these common problems and make the necessary heating and furnace repairs. Investing in a maintenance plan can prevent nearly all heating problems from taking place.
How Do I Know If My Heater Needs a Tune- Up?
Routine maintenance and annual checkups will help keep your heating system operating at peak performance, but how do you know when it's time for a heater tune-up? Before the heating season, perform maintenance at least once a year, especially before winter approaches.
No matter what type of heating system you have, here are some things you can do to prolong the life of and keep your boiler, furnace, or heater in top condition:
- Use a high-efficiency air filter
- Keep heat units free of leaves, pollen, and grass
- Replace your air filter at least every 90 days
- Turn off water to the furnace humidifier in the summer
- Replace your carbon monoxide detector battery annually