Virginia Beach Indoor Air Quality Services
Master Your Indoor Environment with Ease
At American Mechanical, we do more than repair, maintain, and install your heating and cooling equipment. We also provide HVAC accessories and components in the Virginia Beach area.
Our accessories are the perfect addition to keep your heating and cooling system working properly, and more importantly, keeping you and your family comfortable any time of the year.
If you notice higher utility bills and aren’t sure why, it may be because your air handler needs repair or replacing. An important part of your HVAC system, an air handler contains the blower mechanism, dampers, filter racks, and the heating and cooling elements.
When you install a new air handler, you benefit from:
- Advanced air filtration
- Quiet operation
- Increased reliability
- Decreased air leakage
Get rid of dry air throughout your home with a humidifier from American Mechanical. Our humidifiers add moisture into dry rooms or areas and improve the overall air quality—not to mention are highly beneficial to those who are ill or have chronic respiratory conditions.
These conditions include:
- Colds — Don’t let a cold linger. Use a humidifier to shorten the duration of your cold.
- Asthma — Humidifiers clean the surrounding air and reduce asthmatic triggers.
- Nose bleeds — These are often attributed to warm, dry air, which humidifiers control.
Other benefits include:
- Reduced static electricity in the air
- Prevents cracking, peeling, splitting, and/or drying out in hardwood floors
- Create better atmosphere for indoor gardens and plants
A dehumidifier works in the opposite way of a humidifier—meaning it removes additional moisture from any room it is placed in. Like a humidifier, installing a dehumidifier in any room provides healthy benefits.
You may want to consider installing a dehumidifier if you; wish to remove indoor allergens, prevent the growth of mold around your house, reduce allergy symptoms, breathe cleaner air, and stay cooler and fresher throughout your home.
If your air filter is clogged, chances are you are wasting energy and will see an increase in the cost of your utility bill. Air conditioning filters collect dust, pollen, and other indoor air debris. A filter is used to collect these particles on its surface, trapping and preventing them from circulating throughout your home and clogging your ductwork.
Your filters should be replaced every 30 to 60 days, according to most manufacturers. Waiting to replace your filters means air is not properly flowing through your HVAC system—decreasing efficiency and increasing your energy costs.
The lifespan of your air filters depend on a few different factors:
- Where you live — polluted areas mean more frequent filter changes
- Type of residence — homes stayed in less often need less frequent filter changes
- Pets — the hair involved with furry animals warrants more frequent changes
Looking for more information or interested in purchasing one of our HVAC accessories and components? Contact us today at (757) 347-8549 for your HVAC accessory needs in the Virginia Beach area.