Contest Rules, Terms and Conditions.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to those who a) sign up
at the online contest page at
www.americanmechanicalva.com during contest period, b) Call to schedule an estimate for replacement
of their HVAC unit or c) purchase an HVAC system from American Mechanical
during contest dates. Entries require a home consultation to verify age
of equipment and estimated replacement costs, and visit must be completed
prior to November 30th, 2019. Contestants must be 21 years of age as of November 1st and a residential homeowner in one of the Seven (7) cities in Hampton
Roads in order to qualify (Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Chesapeake, Newport
News, Portsmouth, Hampton and Suffolk). Employees of American Mechanical,
Inc. (the “Sponsor”) their respective affiliates, subsidiaries,
advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family
members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible
to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable
federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of American Mechanical, Inc. as final and binding as it relates to the contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
3. Contest Period: Online entries will be accepted online starting on or about November 1st, 2019 and ending November 25th, 2019. All online entries must be received by November 25th 2019 at 5:00 pm EST and an in home consultation be performed before November 30th, 2019. Contest period closes on November 30th, 2019.
4. How to Enter: The Contest may be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided on this Contest site or calling American Mechanical to schedule an in-home consultation to verify equipment age and estimated costs of replacement equipment. Entry must fulfill all contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win the prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications will be disqualified at the sole discretion of American Mechanical, Inc. You may enter only once and you must fill in the information requested. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of American Mechanical, Inc.
5. Prize: Winner will receive one (1) new Trane HVAC unit (not to include ductwork or any existing code violations/ additional work required outside the scope of parts and labor to install the HVAC unit) installed by American Mechanical, Inc. valued up to $9,000.00. If HVAC unit is purchased and installed by American Mechanical, Inc. during the contest period, and customer qualifies and wins contest entry with the oldest HVAC unit recorded in operation before American Mechanical, Inc replaced it, the purchase price of customers HVAC unit will be refunded at total appraised value of up to $9,000.00. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The Sponsor shall solely determine the specifics of the prize. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Sponsor's discretion. The prize is non-transferable. All prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for American Mechanical, Inc. to use winner's name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner selection and notification: Winners of the Contest will be selected on December 1st 2019 from a list of verified entries. The contest entry with the oldest recorded HVAC system in use at a residential location within the seven indicated cities of Hampton Roads will win. Winners will be notified via email to the email address and phone number they entered the Contest with within five (5) days following the winner selection. American Mechanical, Inc. shall have no liability for a winner's failure to receive notices due to winners' spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for winners' provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 15 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR'S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST AND ALL PRIVILEGES WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by you: By entering this contest you understand that American Mechanical, Inc., it’s respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media known or hereafter in perpetuity, your entry, including, without limitation; the entry and winner's name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Contest, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
9. Terms: American Mechanical, Inc. reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, American Mechanical, Inc. may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by American Mechanical, Inc. American Mechanical, Inc reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest website or violates these Terms & Conditions.
Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine
the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal
and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, American Mechanical,
Inc reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest
extent permitted by law.
By entering the Contest you agree to receive email communication periodically from American Mechanical, Inc You can opt-out of receiving this communication at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the newsletter.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless American Mechanical, Inc and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant's participation in the sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF VIRGINIA BEACH COUNTY AND THE STATE OF VIRGINIA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Virginia Beach, Virginia having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the winner's name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: American Mechanical, Inc 633 10th Street, Virginia Beach, VA 23451. Requests must be received no later than December 15th, 2019.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is American Mechanical, Inc. 633 10th Street, Virginia Beach Virginia 23451. Phone 757-428-0651.