Norfolk Plumbing & Electrical
Call 24/7 for Emergency Services
American Mechanical is not your neighborhood handyman. Though we are just as friendly, we carry Master Licenses in every technical industry in which offer services. We are clean, uniformed, courteous of your residential or commercial property, organized, and we guarantee our services.
Call (757) 347-8549 to schedule a plumbing service with American Mechanical, Inc. We’re available 24/7!
We Get the Job Done Right the First Time
The Norfolk climate sees extreme heat in the summer, brutal cold in the winter, and faces year-round exposure to hurricanes and floods. It’s important in this region to have mechanical systems you can rely on. This is precisely what our expert technicians provide for our friends and neighbors in Norfolk.
In flood-prone areas such as ours, it’s important to make sure that your plumbing systems are functioning well, keeping you safe and your water supply healthy. We are licensed to perform any service as grand a gas line installation or backflow testing, as well as a normal task of detecting and fixing leaks. Each is done with precision and our quality service guarantees.
Tips for Improving the Lifespan of Your Plumbing Fixtures
- Insulate Pipes - Insulate the water pipes under your house. If they are wrapped, they are less likely to freeze and burst in extreme cold weather. If you are concerned about pipes during freezing weather, consider letting your faucets drip slightly if the temperature drops below 20 degrees F, especially at nighttime.
- Install a Garbage Disposal - Consider installing a garbage disposal in your kitchen sink. If you don’t have a compost pile in the back yard, a disposal will lower the amount of leftover food and table scraps in your garbage and prevent unwanted debris from sneaking through the sink drain and pipes.
- Keep Grease Out of Pipes - Avoid putting hot or cold grease down the kitchen sink. If it is unavoidable, be sure to mix it with very hot soapy water and a liquid dish soap that cuts grease to reduce the chances it will harden and block the pipes underground.
- Avoid Unbalanced Laundry Loads - Run balanced loads in the washing machine. Unbalanced weight in the washer’s basket causes some models to vibrate during the spin or rinse cycle. Washing machines that move can loosen or damage plumbing connections and nearby water pipes, creating leaks.
- Safeguard Plumbing Against Children - Most children go through a phase of fascination with water. Whether it’s flushing Lego’s down the toilet or perhaps hand towels, clogs sometimes seen inevitable. If your youngster is in this phase, consider a toilet seat lock if talking about it is unsuccessful.
Generator & Electrical Services
Are you worried that your circuit breaker or generator has seen better days? Our expert Norfolk electricians can inspect it and make the necessary repairs or recommendations for a new one to be sure that your power systems will not fail when you need them the most, or that if they do, you are safe with a standby generator that will help you and your family ride out the storm as comfortable as possible.
Top Rated Norfolk Plumbers & Electricians
Let American Mechanical fix whatever issue you might be dealing with, whether that's a clogged drain, a broken water heater that needs replacing, or lighting installation, our team can handle it all!
Call today or contact us online to schedule a Norfolk plumbing or electrical service from our highly-trained technicians!