Norfolk Generator Installation
Contact American Mechanical for Standby & Portable Generators
Whether you need an extra power supply for your next big event or are looking for ways to stay prepared in case of a natural disaster, you can’t go wrong when you call American Mechanical for Norfolk generator installation. Our electrical professionals are backed by decades of experience, and offer a wide range of industry-leading options, so you already know we have what it takes to provide the perfect generator for you. Stay safe and never lose power by calling American Mechanical for backup generator installation today.
To learn more about what type of generator is right for you, dial (757) 347-8549.
Why Should I Install a Backup Generator?
As we discussed above, there’s no such thing as a bad reason to install a backup generator. In the state of Virginia, for instance, you may want to stay prepared during hurricane season. For other people, who rely on technology for medical reasons or for work, it may be even more important to always have access to electricity. And with climate change and increasingly unpredictable weather patterns, you never know when you might lose power. That’s why we offer generator installation in Norfolk to suit a variety of properties. Make sure you always have power during a storm or other natural disaster, and give our generator pros a call today.
Our Generator Options
Before we can install your new residential generator, it’s important than you determine what option is right for you. Fortunately, our Norfolk generator pros make it easy to get whatever you’re looking for, with multiple cutting-edge options and free installation estimates!
American Mechanical is proud to offer:
- Standby Generators: A standby generator is connected to a natural gas or propane tank. These units can be used to power your whole house for long periods during a power outage. They also range in size and capability, so you can match the amount of electricity you need with the size of your home. At American Mechanical, we are capable of completing every step of the standby generator installation process, from site preparation, to trenching, to gas connection. We’ll even help you obtain necessary permits!
- Portable Generators: Unlike standby generators, which are permanently fixed to one spot, portable generators (as their name suggests) can be moved around your property as needed. While these devices will not be able to power your whole home, they can power important devices and appliances, and work well if you are planning on hosting an event where you need some extra power. These units run on propane or gas, and are usually good for 6-8 hours of use at a time.
Regardless of what kind of generator you decide is right for your home, you’re always in good hands with American Mechanical. We specialize in installing top-of-the-line Generac generators. Since 1959, Generac has been renowned in the electrical industry for making backup generators you can rely on. Today, they continue to be an excellent option for homomers across the country, offering products that provide anywhere between 7.5 kilowatts to 150 kilowatts of power.
Is a Whole House Generator Tax Deductible?
Whole house generators are a large investment that can pay off in the future. While these generators don’t receive federal energy tax credits, you can obtain different types of credits and reimbursements depending on why you needed to purchase the generator.
Common whole house generator tax credits reimbursements:
- Medical Expenses – According to the IRS, whole house generators can be written off as a medical or dental expense if you have a documented medical condition that can become life threatening during a power outage. You will need to provide a letter from your doctor explaining the condition when you file your taxes.
- Hurricane Preparedness Sales Tax – In Virginia, the Department of Taxation offers tax credits for individuals who are prepared for hurricanes. Depending on the generator dealer, if they sell the generator at full price, they are legally required to remit the tax deduction they receive from the generator.
- Generator Reimbursements Due to Natural Disasters – The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has a generator reimbursement program to aid homeowners during a natural disaster. Starting from the day the national disaster is declared by the state governor until it ends, individuals can receive reimbursement for the cost of a generator.
Does a Whole House Generator Add Value to Your Home?
Installing a whole house generator requires a certified technician and plumber to get the job done right. While it might be a big expense upfront, adding a whole house generator to your home definitely increased the value of your home. According to business reporter Remodeling, whole house generators can increase the resale value of your home by 5%.
Trust Our Norfolk Generator Pros
At American Mechanical, we have been delivering five-star service to customers in Norfolk and beyond since 1994. Backed by over 40 years of experience, our electrical experts are always fast, efficient, and friendly. We offer affordable financing options and money-saving specials, including $300 off generator installation for qualified customers. And with 24-hour emergency repairs for generators and more, there’s never a bad time to call American Mechanical.
Call (757) 347-8549 to schedule an appointment, or contact us anytime online.