Norfolk Heating Repair & Installation
Call the Local Heating Experts at American Mechanical, Inc.
A broken down heater can be a nightmare to deal with, especially when winter brings cold temperatures, snow, ice, and more to the Norfolk area. When something goes wrong, you’ll need to get your system fixed as soon as possible, or even have it replaced with a brand new, energy-efficient solution. Whether you need a repair or an entirely new system installation, you can trust the experienced team at American Mechanical, Inc. to deliver quality results in a timely fashion so you can enjoy the warmth that you need in your home.
Since 1994, American Mechanical has been the name customers in Norfolk have trusted their home to because they know they can count on us for a job done right. When owner John Cornett founded our company, he set out to change the way customers though about home services by delivering honesty, integrity, and quality service that simply isn’t matched anywhere else. Our workmanship is top notch, and we stand by it with a complete satisfaction guarantee. If you’re unhappy with any part of the service you receive, let us know and we’ll make things right, whatever it takes.
When you demand the best, don’t settle for less. Call American Mechanical, Inc. at (757) 347-8549 to request a consultation.
New Heater Installation
Sometimes a repair is so large or expensive that it simply isn’t feasible, or it’s just more practical to install an entirely new heating solution. American Mechanical offers units from all major name brands, as well as different types of heating equipment so you can get the perfect solution for your home.
We offer installations for the following heating equipment:
- Natural gas furnaces
- Oil burning furnaces
- Hydronic heating systems
- Heat pumps
Norfolk Heater Repair
There are many signs that indicate a broken heater. The first and easiest way to determine if your heater needs repair is if it isn’t working anymore. If your heater no longer turns on we recommend contacting your local HVAC contractor to schedule repair. A reliable HVAC company will send a professional heating technician to diagnose and repair your heater in a timely manner.
Other signs your heater is broken include, but are not limited to:
- Your furnace makes strange noises. When running correctly your furnace should make minimal noise. If you notice any loud or strange noises (banging, clanking, whining, groaning, etc.), chances are you will need to schedule furnace repair. Strange noises coming from your furnace often indicate a loose belt, loose or broken component, or correcting an ignition problem.
- Your pilot light is yellow. While inspecting your furnace you may notice a yellow pilot light. Although this might seem normal, your furnace’s pilot light should be blue in color. A yellow pilot light is one of the first indicators of problem gases, such as carbon monoxide, while a blue pilot light means the correct balance of gases are present in your furnace.
- Your thermostat isn’t working. Constantly needing to adjust the thermostat to find a comfortable temperature isn’t a sure sign of a broken thermostat; your furnace may be broken too and could have a problem with its pilot light.
- Your energy bills increase. A steep increase in your energy bills is often the first signal your furnace is in distress. Unusually high utility bills often mean your furnace is working inefficiently and requires a professional HVAC technician to diagnose and repair.
- Your furnace frequently turns on and off. If your furnace struggles to stay on, or frequently turns on and off you may need to replace a thermostat, have faulty wiring, or need a fan motor replacement.
Sometimes you can simply repair your heater and keep it running for many additional years. Our Norfolk HVAC team can run a thorough inspection of your system, get to the root of the problem, and recommend the ideal fix solution. We never recommend services you don’t need or try to upsell you on services that don’t really help—you can always trust us for an honest assessment of your situation, transparent pricing, and a repair that exceeds our high standards of quality.
If you need your furnace repaired or replaced, contact the Norfolk heating experts from American Mechanical, Inc. today.