Expert Norfolk Plumber
Available 24/7 for Emergency Plumbing Services
In flood-prone areas in Virginia, it’s important to make sure that your plumbing systems are functioning well to keep you safe and your water supply healthy. At American Mechanical, our Norfolk plumbers are licensed to perform any service as grand a gas line installation or backflow testing, or as normal as detecting and fixing leaks. Each is done with precision and our quality service guarantees.
When you call us, you can expect rapid service the same day you call, and an unmatched dedication to excellent customer service. Our mission is to provide professional, quality workmanship to our customers, and we have been exceeding expectations in the area since 1994.
Call (757) 347-8549 24/7 to schedule a service with our Norfolk plumber.
Our plumbing services include:
- Backflow testing
- Burst pipe repair
- Clogged toilet repair
- Commercial plumbing
- Drain cleaning
- Faucets & sinks
- Garbage disposals
- Gas line installation
- Leak detection
- Emergency plumbing
- Hydro jetting
- Plumbing inspections & repairs
- Sewer lines
- Shower & tub installation
- Sump pumps
- Water heater repair & installation
- Tankless water heaters
- Water filtration systems
Professional Drain CLeaning Services
Clogged drains can be a real headache, but with our Norfolk plumbers only a phone call away, there's no need to panic when one occurs. Our drain cleaning team uses a range of tools and techniques to identify and eliminate clogs at their source, providing you with lasting results. From a simple drain snaking to a more powerful hydro jetting service, our goal is not just to get rid of the clog, but to keep it from coming back. If your drain backup issues stem from a larger problem with damaged sewer pipes, we can also provide you with sewer line repair and replacement services to get rid of frequent drain clogs for good.
Garbage Disposal Repair & Replacement
Garbage disposals are powerful appliances, but we've all been guilty of testing their limits. If you're dealing with a clogged garbage disposal and sink backup, or if your garbage disposal is making weird noises or otherwise not working properly, give us a call! If your appliance is repairable, we'll do what we can to get it back in working order. We also install new garbage disposals if your current unit has reached the end of its usable life. We service and install a wide range of disposals from trusted brands.
Burst Pipe Repair
Freezing temperatures can be a big problem for plumbing pipes, especially if they are already worn. Burst pipes can be alarming, but know what out team is available 24/7 to help you with a pipe burst emergency. If your pipe bursts, immediately turn off water to your house to prevent a flood, then give us a call. Our Norfolk plumbers will be there in no time to make the necessary repairs!
Tips for Improving the Lifespan of Your Plumbing Fixtures
- Insulate Pipes - Insulate the water pipes under your house. If they are wrapped, they are less likely to freeze and burst in extreme cold weather. If you are concerned about pipes during freezing weather, consider letting your faucets drip slightly if the temperature drops below 20 degrees F, especially at nighttime.
- Install a Garbage Disposal - Consider installing a garbage disposal in your kitchen sink. If you don’t have a compost pile in the back yard, a disposal will lower the amount of leftover food and table scraps in your garbage and prevent unwanted debris from sneaking through the sink drain and pipes.
- Keep Grease Out of Pipes - Avoid putting hot or cold grease down the kitchen sink. If it is unavoidable, be sure to mix it with very hot soapy water and a liquid dish soap that cuts grease to reduce the chances it will harden and block the pipes underground.
- Avoid Unbalanced Laundry Loads - Run balanced loads in the washing machine. Unbalanced weight in the washer’s basket causes some models to vibrate during the spin or rinse cycle. Washing machines that move can loosen or damage plumbing connections and nearby water pipes, creating leaks.
- Safeguard Plumbing Against Children - Most children go through a phase of fascination with water. Whether it’s flushing LEGOs down the toilet or perhaps hand towels, clogs sometimes seen inevitable. If your youngster is in this phase, consider a toilet seat lock if talking about it is unsuccessful.