Expert Plumbing Services in Norfolk, VA
In flood-prone areas such as ours, it’s important to make sure that your plumbing systems are functioning well, keeping you safe and your water supply healthy. At American Mechanical, we are licensed to perform any service as grand a gas line installation or backflow testing, as well as a normal task of detecting and fixing leaks. Each is done with precision and our quality service guarantees.
Our Norfolk plumbing services include:
- Backflow testing
- Burst pipe repair
- Clogged toilet repair
- Commercial plumbing
- Drain cleaning
- Faucets & sinks
- Garbage disposals
- Gas line installation
- Leak detection
- Emergency plumbing
- Hydro jetting
- Plumbing inspections & repairs
- Sewer lines
- Shower & tub installation
- Sump pumps
- Water heater repair & installation
- Water filtration systems
Tips for Improving the Lifespan of Your Plumbing Fixtures
- Insulate Pipes - Insulate the water pipes under your house. If they are wrapped, they are less likely to freeze and burst in extreme cold weather. If you are concerned about pipes during freezing weather, consider letting your faucets drip slightly if the temperature drops below 20 degrees F, especially at nighttime.
- Install a Garbage Disposal - Consider installing a garbage disposal in your kitchen sink. If you don’t have a compost pile in the back yard, a disposal will lower the amount of leftover food and table scraps in your garbage and prevent unwanted debris from sneaking through the sink drain and pipes.
- Keep Grease Out of Pipes - Avoid putting hot or cold grease down the kitchen sink. If it is unavoidable, be sure to mix it with very hot soapy water and a liquid dish soap that cuts grease to reduce the chances it will harden and block the pipes underground.
- Avoid Unbalanced Laundry Loads - Run balanced loads in the washing machine. Unbalanced weight in the washer’s basket causes some models to vibrate during the spin or rinse cycle. Washing machines that move can loosen or damage plumbing connections and nearby water pipes, creating leaks.
- Safeguard Plumbing Against Children - Most children go through a phase of fascination with water. Whether it’s flushing Legos down the toilet or perhaps hand towels, clogs sometimes seen inevitable. If your youngster is in this phase, consider a toilet seat lock if talking about it is unsuccessful.
To schedule an appointment with an experienced Norfolk plumber, please call American Mechanical at (757) 347-8549.