Norfolk Water Heater Repair
Reliable Hot Water Heater Replacement & Installation
Backed by over 40 years of experience, American Mechanical knows everything there is to know when it comes to water heaters. That’s why we offer Norfolk water heater repair and installation that you can rely on. With the latest tools and industry-leading technology, we are equipped to handle all major makes and models, and are familiar with every top brand on the market. We also serve commercial and residential properties, so whether you’re dealing with a water heater issue at your home or business, you can always trust us to get the job done. Don’t settle for a lack of hot water anymore. Call American Mechanical today, and let our water heater pros take it from there.
No hot water? Leaking tank? Call (757) 347-8549 now to schedule water heater repair in Norfolk.
What to Do About Water Heater Problems
Chances are when your water heater is working well, you probably don’t even think about it. Yet when you wake up to that morning cold shower, you’re going to want to call for a repair ASAP. Fortunately, there are steps you can take to identify hot water heater problems sooner rather than later. As always, if there is an issue with your water heater, it’s a good idea to hire a plumbing technician, as waiting to deal with a malfunctioning water heater usually just makes it worse.
Common water heater problems:
- Leaks: Water heater leaks are a surefire indicator that something is wrong with your system, and should be dealt with right away. If you notice water seeping from the bottom of the unit, it’s possible there’s a crack in the internal tank, and you will need to replace your system altogether. If you notice a leak at the top of the unit, our Norfolk water heater pros may be able to repair it. Either way, you should call to have a professional look at the problem.
- A lack of hot water: If your heater is failing to make your water hot enough, there’s a good chance it’s because of sediment build-up in the tank. This happens over time, and if your heater is still in good condition otherwise, the sediment can usually be flushed out. However, if your water heater is old and this is happening consistently, you may need to replace it, as no amount of flushing can save a completely worn down unit.
- No hot water at all: If your unit has stopped producing hot water altogether, there are a few steps you should take. First, determine whether you have an electric or gas heater. If you have a gas unit, check to see if the pilot light is out. You can do this on your own, or you can call a professional to do it for you. If you have an electric unit, there is a good chance you’re dealing with a damaged breaker. Fortunately, this is something our Norfolk water heater technicians can also take care of. If neither of these issues are the culprit, your heater may have completely broken down, and you will have to install a new unit entirely.
When to Install or Repair a Water Heater
Knowing whether to install a new water heater can be difficult. Fortunately, American Mechanical provides offers a range of options from brands like Rinnai and Navien. We also offer tankless water heaters, for those that really want to ensure they never run out of hot water ever again. Whether you need to replace your current unit or install a water heater for the first time, you can trust our plumbing experts for whatever you’re looking for.
You may want to call American Mechanical for Norfolk water heater installation if:
- Your current unit lacks energy-efficiency (your bills are high but your heat level is low)
- It’s difficult to replace parts on your current unit (usually because it is 8-12 years old)
- It is more expensive to repair your unit than it is to replace it
While we are proud to offer a variety of cutting-edge water heater systems for your home or business, we also want you to know we will do everything in our power to save your current unit. We offer Norfolk water heater repairs designed to help your system work better and last longer, so your unit is more energy-efficient and effective. If you still have a valid warranty on your current water heater, or are experiencing a malfunction for the first time, don’t hesitate to give us a call—there’s a good chance we will be able to repair your heater before you know it!
Let American Mechanical Handle All Your Water Heater Needs
One of the best ways to help your water heater function at peak performance for years at a time is to schedule regular maintenance. Call today to learn more, and don’t forget to ask about our money-saving specials and affordable financing options, too. Remember, we are available for 24-hour emergency and same-day service, so don’t ever hesitate to give our Norfolk water heater pros a call!