Water Heater Installation & Repair in Virginia Beach
Serving Hampton Roads for Nearly 30 Years
Your water heater needs regular maintenance to function at its best. But we understand that the unexpected can occur. That’s why American Mechanical provides top-notch water heater repair and replacement services for residential and commercial customers across Virginia Beach and surrounding areas.
Is Your Water Heater Leaking?
If there’s water leaking from the unit’s tank, this is a sure sign that something is wrong. Whether you have a gas or electric heater, there should never be water leaking. If the leak is coming from the bottom of the unit, this means that the internal tank has a crack in it.
There is no alternative repair for a cracked tank; you will need to replace the entire water heater. However, if the leak is taking place towards the top of the water heater, we can solve the problem with a repair.
No Hot Water?
Have you noticed a sudden stop to your hot water supply?
- First, identify what type of heater you are using: is it gas or electric?
- If you have a gas water heater that is not producing any hot water, this means your pilot light is out.
- With an electric water heater, lack of hot water could point to a damaged breaker. Fortunately, our technicians are able to repair these problems with ease.
Not Enough Hot Water?
If your water heater is producing hot water, but not enough of it, there is sediment building up inside the tank. When sediment builds up over time, this often indicates that your water heater is nearing the end of its lifecycle. In some cases, the sediment can be flushed out, or a simple part just needs to be replaced to increase the amount of hot water that your heater is producing. In the worst-case scenario, you will have to replace your entire water heater.
Knowing When It's Time to Replace Your Water Heater
It can be difficult to decide whether or not to replace or simply repair your water heater. We at American Mechanical will never push you to make a purchase that is unnecessary.
You should try to have your water heater repaired if:
- Your warranty is still valid
- The cost of the repair is reasonable
- You like the model of your water heater
You should replace your water heater if…
- Your current model is not energy efficient
- The replacement parts are hard to find
- The repair costs will exceed what it would cost to buy a new water heater
Call our Virginia Beach water heater professionals today at (757) 347-8549 to handle all of your water heater needs, from installation to repair to maintenance!