When To Call for Professional Plumbing Repair
Professional plumbers are able to perform maintenance and repairs on the piping, fixtures, and other components inside of a home so that everything will remain working for decades to come. There are some basic problems that might seem minor but that should actually be evaluated by a licensed professional as soon as possible.
Common plumbing problems that should be left to the professionals:
- Insufficient Water Pressure - Sudden or gradual changes in water pressure sometimes go unreported by homeowners because it is assumed that the issue has to do with the municipal water supply. This is not normally the case. Reductions in pressure could be caused by problems deep in the plumbing of the home that a professional will be able to identify and repair. This could involve installing a new component or simply repairing a few pipe fittings. Dramatic drops in water pressure could signal issues that will eventually cause damage to the house and flooding.
- Problems with Hot Water - The hot water heater and the system that brings the hot liquids to the various faucets in the home can become damaged or inefficient over time. A professional plumber will be able to restore these systems to normal working order. The process is complex and there are many different areas where a problem could occur. Installation of bladder systems, adjustments to the heating unit and electric wiring repairs are all actions that a plumber will be able to take in order to restore hot water to the home.
- Slow Or Clogged Drains- One mistake that many people make with plumbing in their homes is to ignore drains that are moving slowly. The buildup of materials in the pipes is a common cause for this issue. Harmful chemical drain cleaners are not the answer and will actually make plumbing repairs more difficult to perform. Slow drains are sometimes a sign that there is a clog, broken junction or other problem in the more critical areas of the plumbing lines in the house. Only a professional will be able to accurately diagnose and repair the drain.
- Strange Noises - Strange and consistent noises related to the use of faucets, toilets or tubs should never be ignored. Banging, gurgling or rushing noises indicate that somewhere there is a problem with the plumbing. The problem will not go away without maintenance from a knowledgeable plumber. There are even some situations where long-term damage is caused by air that slowly rusts pipes resulting in burst lines that will flood an entire room or basement.
Comprehensive Plumbing Solutions
Whether you live in a condo at the Virginia Beach Oceanfront, a historical Norfolk home, or a newly constructed house in Chesapeake, our master plumbers can handle any plumbing problem.
Call our Virginia Beach plumbers today for the following services:
- Backflow Testing
- Burst Pipe Repair
- Clogged Toilet Repair
- Commercial Plumbing
- Drain Cleaning
- Faucets & Sinks
- Garbage Disposals
- Gas Line Installation
- Hydro Jetting
- Leak Detection
- Plumbing Inspection
- Plumbing Repair
- Emergency Plumbing
- Sewer Line Repair & Replacement
- Sewer Inspection
- Shower & Tub Installation
- Sump Pumps
- Water Filtration
- Water Heater Installation & Repair
- Tankless Water Heaters
American Mechanical plumbers offer same-day emergency services. We will provide an estimate based on your plumbing and installation needs. We hire only the best Virginia Beach plumbers, and our guarantee is in the quality of our work.