Virginia Beach Leak Detection
Reliable Leak Repair from Expert Plumbers
Leaks in your plumbing can have disastrous consequences. Even a small leak can cause tremendous damage to your home by causing mold growth, warping your home’s structure, eating away at your drywall, ruining your flooring, and so much more. It can also cause a huge waste of water which drives up your utility bills and pulls more money out of your pocket unnecessarily. That’s why at American Mechanical, we offer fast, reliable leak detection services from highly-trained plumbers who make your home’s condition their number-one priority.
In 1994, John Cornett founded American Mechanical with one mission in mind: provide honest, reliable HVAC services. Today, that same mindset has guided us to improve and expand our business to offering plumbing services you can count on. We understand the importance of responding quickly to plumbing leaks, and we make it a point to accurately spot the leak and then repair it using premium-quality components and workmanship that’s backed up with some of the best guarantees and training in the industry. We also believe in being fair, and that includes being upfront with flat-rate pricing that charges by the job, not by the hour.Suspect a leak? Call American Mechanical at (757) 347-8549 to schedule a Virginia Beach leak detection!
What Causes Leaking Pipes?
There are a vast number of reasons that you may be experiencing a plumbing leak in your Virginia Beach home. However, these are some of the most common causes that homeowners experience when coming to us:
- Temperature Change - sudden changes in seasons and temperature often cause pipes to expand and contract, which result in cracks as the pipe walls lose their strength and thin out. Temperature change increases the everyday wear and tear of your pipes, exponentially.
- Pipe Corrosion - over time your pipes will begin to rust. This is typically a sign of age and something that will naturally occur with time. Rusting pipes aren’t usually seen as a big issue until they become an expensive repair. Get ahead of this. If your copper pipes begin to show discoloration, signs of dripping, or warping, call us to check it out.
- Broken Water Seals - check your appliances that are hooked up to water! If you begin to notice pools of water or dripping around your refrigerator or dishwasher, you may have a broken water seal in need of repair.
- Clogged Water Lines - drain cleaner is your best friend here. If you notice a backed up or clogged water line, you can often fix this with a simple drain cleaning solution. However, continuously backed up or uncared-for clogs can result in water damage and broken pipes.
- High Water Pressure - You need to provide high water pressure for the shower, but your plumbing can only handle limited water pressure. The typical pipe you will find in a house can withstand a water pressure of up to 60 psi.
If you begin to notice any of the above symptoms, do not wait to see if the problem will resolve itself. Plumbing issues can only get worse over time.
Why Choose American Mechanical?
American Mechanical has helped numerous customers with their plumbing leaks, and we draw on this previous experience to serve you and your home better. We have all of the latest equipment and training in methods that have been proven successful, and this combination makes us particularly adept at finding the source of leaks quickly so we can get them fixed.
Common areas where plumbing leaks occur include:
- Inside your walls or under your floors
- Basements and crawl spaces
- In miscellaneous plumbing-connected systems such as your radiator, water heater, washing machine, or dishwasher
- Near fixtures like faucets, showers, and tubs
- Inside the slab your home is built on (slab leaks)
- The service line between the your meter or pump and your home